Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Thought of the Day: 3-7-2016: Well on the Way?

Frequently, action will be encouraged and supported by friends and family with the phrase "You are well on the way."  This is indubitably a phrase with good intention.  It often evokes feelings of happiness and purpose.  It also ought to be examined further

A phrase like this must force ourselves to ask, "Am I actually well as I take on this next challenge/initiative?"  Am I in a state of wellness that will foster my next steps?  Or will I hastily jump into something without being a strong enough version of me, thereby likely setting up for a failure that will make me myopic about the future, rather than calcifying my assiduous resolve in the future?

This is a very large reason I decided to commit to the Sivanada Ashram.  Yes, I've done a lot of things that have made me grow and I know an incandescent future looms for me.  However, I didn't see a lot of my fundamentals as sound.  I lack discipline, focus, and the spiritual grounding that I will need to accomplish grand ambitions for the rest of my life.  So I decided to be well on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment